We accept adventurous, bold, and self-directed students of all backgrounds, including those with design and non-design based degrees. Design permeates every aspect of our lives and a deep understanding of whole-systems thinking will benefit professionals in every field. Students who participate in our program are pioneers searching for significant learning and novel ways of thinking. Our students understand the need to develop skills that will enable them to navigate the changes coming in the 21st century.
As sustainable design is an integrative and multi-disciplinary process, our four month certificate program is open to students and professionals from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines; all are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A two-page single spaced autobiographical sketch including the experiences that you believe interested you in design as well as your educational history and career goals.
- A list of your strengths and weaknesses.
- One example that you believe will demonstrate your creative abilities. This could be a portfolio, photographs, videos, essays, or a web page link. Do not send items that do not fit in a standard 9” x 12” envelope. If you need these materials returned before the program begins enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope or packaging.
- A $25.00 application fee, payable in one of the ways below:
- By check: made out to Ecosa Institute
- Cash: accepted at the Ecosa Institute Office if you drop off your application in person.
If you prefer to apply through email, please send your application materials to email@example.com. Once we receive your application and payment we will send you an acknowledgment email. Please feel free to call 928-541-1002 for additional application information or any questions about our programs. NOTE: The program is dependent on adequate enrollment. If you are accepted for study and enrollment numbers are inadequate to meet budget, you will be notified one month before the program begins. We recommend that you make travel plans about one month before classes begin.
2014 Fall Semester
August 28th 2014 – December 19th 2014 Admission is rolling and spaces are reserved on a first-come-first served basis. To reserve a place in the program, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to avoid being on a waiting list in the case of limited space.
2015 Spring Semester
Mid January 2015 – Early April 2015 Admission is rolling and spaces are reserved on a first-come-first served basis. To reserve a place in the program, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to avoid being on a waiting list in the case of limited space.